This is an excellent opportunity for a TESTER / TEST ANALYST to gain experience in the FinTech and Credit Industry.
Based in STELLENBOSCH this AGILE TESTER role offers a salary of R370K – R450K/annum
A specialist, small, niche pan-African FINANCIAL SERVICES / FINTECH Business with a strong track record of success across a number of African countries. They are a high-tech company offering credit and loans facilities to a large consumer base, which is growing rapidly. Unlike large FS corporates their success has been driven by their technology innovations and the resultant ability to make quick decisions regarding consumer finance.
Their platforms and software are incredibly robust and their applications are superbly written making use of the latest development languages and technologies. This is a small and highly technical business and therefore more likely relevant to you if you’re entrepreneurial and have worked in a small development team and non-corporate culture.
As AGILE TESTER / TEST ANALYST you will join a Senior Team of 3 Developers, a Product Owner and a Systems Analyst. This team are highly experienced, and you will therefore need to be a confident Tester who can get on with the work with minimal supervision. The environment is fast moving and collaborative.
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and assessing requirements, user stories and designs
- Preparation of test cases, test data and test plans
- Setup of test environments, execution of manual tests (functional, customer scenario, usability, performance and scalability testing) and reporting of defects
- Ensure software is of high quality
- Facilitate UAT and collaborate with team members
To excel in this environment, you would require:
- A passion for helping to deliver working software to the businesses, rapidly and of high quality
- A high concern for order, quality and accuracy
- Experience writing SQL to query databases, to assist in analysis and testing
- Analytical skills and ability to see the big picture
- A willingness to learn about FinTech products and basic terminology and principles of the credit industry
- Be able to challenge the status quo and bring new ideas to the team
- ISTQB Certification will be a strong advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an iterative software development (Agile/SCRUM) environment.
- Solid experience in Manual and UAT testing.
- A keen desire to work in a small high performing tech business with no micro-management.
If you qualify for this role, please email your CV directly to:
021 801 5001
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful.