Really good opportunity for a Application Manger to join a MULTI-NATIONAL FINANCIAL MARKETS Organisation & take the lead in AUTOMATING their current environment.
This role will see you AUTOMATING all batch schedules, CREATING Release Management process and TRANSFORMING this environment - aligning it with the current large-scale implementation of AGILE & DEVOPS methodologies and processes.
Based in Johannesburg, this APPLICATION MANAGER role is R800 – R1 Mil P/A.
• Fully automate & simplify the current batch schedule .
• Create & implement a new Software Release Management strategy – oversea and manage all releases into production.
• Actively manage the platform by implementing new monitoring & alerting solutions.
• Working closely with internal teams to drive through the implementation of automation testing best practices into the environment.
• Provide support to business users in understanding the system and its outputs.
• This role will also give you scope to grow your own team.
• Very complex environment , with new applications & products being continuously introduced.
Experience & skills needed:
• B. Sc/ B. Com in Computer Science, Information Systems etc.
• Agile/Scrum/ITIL certification will be a massive advantage.
• Experience working in a Production Environment – big focus on automating batch processes within this environment using Control -M.
• Solid Release Management experience.
• Automation Testing experience
• Excellent understanding of Investment Banking / Trading/Financial Markets platforms and products – a previous experience or studies such as a CFA will be a big advantage
With ties to the LARGEST & MOST SUCCESFULL Financial Services Group in Africa, this Financial Markets Business , focuses on risk management (market, credit & liquidity risks) & trading , providing their shareholders with long-term investment exposure and allows for structured investment product development. Working at this Company will give you exposure to a variety of TRADING SYSTEMS & TECHNOLOGIES, whilst gaining deep insight into FINANCIAL & CAPITAL MARKETS