This is a great opportunity for a BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER to gain DATA SCIENCE, PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS AND AI expertise in a Data team within a highly successful data-driven RETAILER.
Based in CAPE TOWN this BI DEVELOPER / DATA SCIENCE ANALYST-DEVELOPER role offers a highly competitive salary and benefits.
This is an established Global Retail Business. Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Science is embedded within their practice – they are a data-driven customer-centric retailer who invests heavily into their Data practices, Data teams and technologies.
Technically they utilise the very best Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Data Science Technologies, combining Open Source, Oracle, MS systems and Cloud solutions.
You will join a team developing, implementing and researching Data Solutions to enable smarter business practice and decisions. This team are experts across the full data lifecycle, from Data Warehouse Development, to BI, to reporting, Analytics and Predictive Insight generation.
You will handle high-speed, high-volume, and complex, multi-structured data from a wide variety of data sources. This will enable real-time insights and understanding of customer behaviour, improved response to customers and delivering a tangible competitive advantage for the business. Along with this the team are implementing a Multi-Cloud Data Solution and this is your chance to be involved in that.
- Ideally degree educated, but relevant industry experience will be just as good.
- A background in back-end Business Intelligence or Data Warehouse Development – you could have worked in either an Oracle or Microsoft environment.
- A very keen interest in Analytics, Predictive modelling, Data Science and AI.
- Technical skills required:
- PL/SQL or SQL or T-SQL coding.
- ETL with OBIEE or SSIS or IBM DataStage.
- Cloud services experience.
- Experience with Hadoop and NoSQL will be a bonus.