This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled Project Manager, IT Manager, Business or Systems Analyst to move into a Business Application Lead role and take over a diverse IT portfolio with consistently new projects and initiatives to keep you challenged and stimulated. There is also a succession plan in place for the individual filling this role to replace the Business Application Manager in time.
Based in the Northern Suburbs, this role is paying between R50k and R60k pm + performance bonus and objectives bonus (equivalent to a 13th and 14th cheque).
Certified as one of SA's Top Employers with a staff compliment of over 1400, this organisation manufacturers and distributes the world's most recognised range of fast-moving consumer goods. In the 80 years that they have been in operation, they are proud to say that they have never had to retrench a single member of staff. They are also recognised as one of SA's Top Employers and invest heavily in the development of their staff, with sizable budgets set aside every year for continued education and training.
Role & Responsibilities
The core purpose of this position is to ensure that the organisation derives maximum value (ROI) from its business applications across all business units. This would be achieved through the review, management and enhancement of existing systems, IT project management and implementation, as well as effective vendor relationship and vendor delivery management.
- Scoping requirements and formulating the scope definition documents
- Management of business application team comprised of a Systems, Business and QA Analysts
- Ensuring that 3rd party development teams and vendors deliver according to the businesses needs
- Quality management
- IS Project Management and Implementation
- Change management and change request coordination
- Management of Enterprise Application Training to ensure maximum user adoption
- Management of the super-user process
- Manage and provide guidance i.t.o Application Support Services
- Financial Management
- IT Risk Governance
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Degree in Information Systems, IT Management or similar
- A minimum of 5 years application system experience
- Track record of IT project delivery
- Strong Business / Systems Analysis ability
- Strong Vendor Management and negotiation skill
- Experience with large scale business applications / ERP systems (ideally SAP)
- Experience within a Manufacturing or FMCG environment would be beneficial but not essential
Send a copy of your CV to Philip at Acuity Consultants - firstname.lastname@example.org