Are you an Intermediate-to-Senior BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE / DATA WAREHOUSE DEVELOPER looking for a Team Lead / Managerial role? Would you like to work for an International Retail Company and join a large team of BI, DWH and Analytics specialists?
If this sounds good, then keep reading…
Based in CAPE TOWN this BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE/DATA WAREHOUSE DEVELOPER role offers a career path for you to become a TECHNICAL SPECIALIST and to MANAGE a team. Salary will be commensurate with this level of experience.
As one of the most established RETAILERS this business has a constantly evolving Data Practice which informs strategy across all business functions. They deal with huge volumes of sales data, from transactional & loyalty data, through to credit & financial data, marketing campaign & research data. The environment is professional yet personable, modern, and actively encourages learning and career progression.
This requires a passion for working with and automating source data flows from various locations and formats. You will work with business and technical teams to implement an adequate and intelligent data automation platform which aligns with architectural principals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Analyse and assess source data in various formats.
- Automate data processes to ensure reliability and success.
- Design Process architecture.
- Improvements and Optimisation of existing data flows.
- PL/SQL coding.
- Interface with users to understand and agree on specifications.
- Ad-hoc scripts to facilitate user queries
- Batch support
- Batch scheduling
- Understanding and creation of complex ETL packages.
- Participate in design, peer and code reviews
- Daily technical, functional and operation support for existing Business Intelligence solutions.
- BSc or B Com in Information Systems or IT/IS diploma (Highly Advantageous) or substantial
experience in Data Warehousing and ETL.
- Data Warehousing and/or ETL experience
- Previous experience in retail systems will be an advantage.
- Batch processing and scheduling experience
- Building and maintaining relationships with Business users
- Documenting technical requirement from business briefs.
- Proven application of Data Warehousing best practices.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing environments.
- Data Warehouse development.
- PL/SQL or T-SQL scripting.
- ETL development.
- Process Automation.
- Experience in IBM DataStage, OBIEE and PowerBi will be an advantage (but not essential)
- Agile experience working in SCRUM
If you qualify for this role, please email your CV directly to:
021 801 5001
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful.