This is a really good opportunity for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to assist in the establishment of a LISP Platform business for this Multinational Asset Manager.
You will be given complete autonomy over the financial function of this business , supporting both the CEO & COO in driving through the strategic direction of the business whilst also building an effective & efficient department that will be able to meet future goals.
Sitting on both STRATCO & EXCO, you will be fundamental in shaping the future of this business.
Based in Johannesburg, this CFO role is paying around the R1.5 Mil mark – NEG for the right person.
This Asset Manager has worked consistently hard to provide their clients with ingenious, simple Investment Strategies that have not only earned them their clients trust but also market share across Africa. Recently they have established a new LISP Investment Platform Business that is supported by elegant, intelligent technology, continuous processing as well as exceptional leaders that are known for driving through transformation in the industry.
It is an absolute rarity to join a business in its infancy and be part of its development into the market whilst being supported by an established, stable Financial Services Organisation
As the CFO, you will be responsible for driving through the strategic direction of the business by providing key financial insights to support all decisions and proposals. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Platform Business-strategic finance, MIS and finance reporting- whilst developing and leading the finance team which includes Head of Finance Ops.
You will also be responsible for formulating the budgets for year-end, analysing the financial risk framework for the business as well as planning and controlling the business budget to ensure all financial regulatory obligations are met.
Working closely with the CEO & COO, you will be required to present/interact with “Top-Table” individuals and be comfortable enough to build solid relationships with them.
Experience & Skills Required:
• Qualified CA or Actuary.
• +10 Years’ experience in a Senior Financial Role.
• Experience in the Financial Management of a LISP/Investment Platform Business or Asset Manager
• Excellent understanding of the financial aspects of an Investment and Life business type company.
• Understanding of financial services regulations relating to Investment Platform Providers.
• Experience in implementing and managing change.
• Appreciation of holistic view of a business – appreciation for strategy, process and capability, enabling technologies and governance.
• Experience in laying foundations, starting something from scratch.
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.