Excellent opportunity for an IT Development Manager to join a NEW Investment (LISP) platform business that has recently been established by a Multi-National Asset Manager.
You will take complete ownership of this department, MANAGE the team, co-create the TECHNICAL STRATEGY, implement the departments GOVERNANCE as well as manage all 3rd Party Vendors. This is a highly complex environment with multiple systems and applications, so an understanding of the Investment & Wealth Management space would be preferred.
Based in Johannesburg, this Development Manager role is paying R850k p/a(neg)
This Asset Manager has worked consistently hard to provide their clients with ingenious, simple Investment Strategies that has not only earned their clients trust but also market share across Africa. Recently they have established a new LISP Investment Platform Business that is supported by elegant, intelligent technology, continuous processing as well as exceptional leaders that are known for driving through transformation in the industry.
It is an absolute rarity to join a business in its infancy and be part of its development into the market whilst being supported by an established, stable Financial Services Organisation
As the Development Manager you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the application roadmaps, developing and implementing a strategy for the domain (ensuring it echoes the overall Technical Strategy), managing the vendor engagements and relationships as well as a team of System Developer’s, BI Analyst and SQL Developers.
• Diploma/B.Tech/B.Sc. Information Technology, Computer Science
• Experience working in an Agile Environment will be an advantage.
• Previous experience in a Leadership within the Applications Development area of a Financial Services Organisation – preferably a Wealth/Investment/Asset Manager.
• Previous experience working as a Development Manager
• Exceptional People Management skills
• Solid Stakeholder relationship building skill
• Solid Technical Background
• Experience working in an Agile Environment.
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.