This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join a growing fintech organization and take ownership of the entire DevOps function, from the ground up.
The DevOps Engineer role is based in Cape Town (not CBD) and paying circa R1.4 milKctc.
An ethical fintech organization with a focus on financial inclusion, this business has all the bells and whistles of a startup such as great offices, free lunch daily, flexible working hours, unlimited leave but without the instability – the company is profitable, self-funded and steadily growing across Africa, Asia, and Europe. The business is underpinned by the sentiment that we should all leave greed behind us and use the resources we have in order to make the world a better place.
As the DevOps Engineer you will design, implement and maintain the strategy for cloud and on-site solutions, building on an existing DevOps model and working with technical teams to investigate and develop appropriate solutions to technical problems. You will be responsible for building an infrastructure that the Developers can work with, assessing current technologies and processes, suggesting improvements, new technologies and, generally sharing knowledge with the team, while contributing to implementation plans and assisting with rollouts.
- Strong Linux / Unix Admin background (+ 10 years experience)
- Experience with Azure / AWS / Circle CI / BitBucket and similar
- Knowledge of microservices, maintaining and authorising
- Database Setup and Management experience
- Testing and Test Automation experience
- Experience with Docker and / or Kubernetes
- Experience with automation / configuration management using Puppet / Chef / Similar
- SQL / MSQL / NoSQL experience
- Working knowledge of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
If you qualify for this role, please email your CV directly to:
021 801 5001
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful.