A great opportunity for a DEVOPS ENGINEER to increase their Python Development experience by utilizing the LATEST CLOUD TECHNOLOGIES (AWS, Google, Azure) in order to deliver a World Class retail platform in a Linux environment. You will need to have strong scripting (Python, Ruby) & configuration management skills (CHEF, PUPPET) in order to optimize the operation of this CLOUD BASED retail platform.
This DEVOPS ENGINEER position is based in NORTHERN SUBURBS and is paying R900k/annum CTC (neg. depending on experience).
As a DEVOPS ENGINEER, you will be responsible for developing, managing and troubleshooting production in a Linux environment. You will be responsible for identifying and implementing tools to support the development team and production environment, while developing, automating, optimizing and refining processes to deliver a highly successful cloud-based platform which operates across DESKTOP, MOBILE & WEB PLATFORMS.
• Computer Science Degree – BSc or relevant tertiary education
• 3+ years DevOps experience
• Linux experience (Ubuntu/Debian) & OS fundamentals
• Shell scripting, Python, Ruby or similar language
• Debugging tools – TCPDUMP, vmstat, strace
• Configuration management tools (chef, puppet)
• Web Application experience (Nginx, Apache, Varnish, HAProxy, Memcache)
• Metrics, monitoring (Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu, Graphite)
• Security (iptables, SELinux, SSH)
• Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google, Azure)
• Virtualization Technologies (Xen, KVM)
Join a leading E-Commerce business who are revolutionising the retail industry in South Africa. They are focused on providing an innovative retail platform by designing & building solutions which improve customer experience. This ever-growing company is always looking for highly skilled Tech Savvy individuals to join their team!
If you qualify for this role, please email your CV directly to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or tristan [at] acuityconsultants.co.za
0 2 1 8 0 1 5 0 0 1
We appreciate every application and we do give each due consideration but if you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider it unsuccessful. To help us respond swiftly, please ensure you have read the requirements and ensure that your application contains the relevant details for the position you are applying for.