This is an excellent opportunity for a DEVOPS LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR to gain Open Source SaaS network platform expertise with a fast-growing Software Engineering business.
Based in CAPE TOWN this DevOps Linux Systems Administrator role offers a salary of R720K – R960K/annum (dependant on experience).
Passionate about making enterprise network management simple they have developed a new Cloud-based platform using the latest open source development and Linux technologies. This is a specialist Software Company; an SME operating in both South Africa and Australia. Their cloud-based SaaS enterprise network management product has had huge uptake in the market and as such the company is growing rapidly.
Why you’ll love this company:
You get to work on meaningful challenges and interesting projects with a crew of smart, friendly, creative people; be part of a fast-moving team, focused on making products the absolute best they can be. You’ll get to use the best tools and work in a team that loves open source and loves sharing ideas. Office culture is great, with zero micro-management and a great work-life balance.
As a mid/senior level DEVOPS LINUX ADMINISTRATOR you’ll be part of a talented tech team who builds, demonstrates and manages cloud-based infrastructure and services for a diverse international client base. Duties include installing the server systems, doing configuration updating, operating and maintaining the system software. You will also troubleshoot and maintain systems, the user accounts, security, monitoring system resources and backup operations.
- System administration of Linux environments - configuration, security, maintenance, backups, monitoring
- Assist with deployment of Dev, PPE, and production environments in cloud and local DCs
- Testing of systems/services during deployment
- Resolve technical PROD, QA, and Dev environment issues
- Investigate and address availability, performance, and capacity issues
- Manage databases (deploy, optimise, backup, configure, monitor)
- Patch and upgrade management of servers, bought products, and developed products/services
- Configuration management
- Functional monitoring
- After-hours support from time-to-time.
- Procurement of assets (domains, servers, licensing, etc.)
- Five years of experience in a systems administrator role
- Linux Server administration
- Very comfortable with setting up, deploying to and monitoring cloud infrastructure
- Practical experience with CI/CD and container technologies
- Avid follower of IaC.
- Python and Bash scripting will be an advantage
- Database management will be an advantage
- Practical understanding of distributed/high volume systems architecture and management
- System monitoring tools (e.g. Prometheus, Graphite, PagerDuty, Nagios)
- Security management
- Network management
- A critical and logical thinker
- Passionate about finding and fixing system problems
- Excited about learning new things and always up for a challenge
- Continuous learner
- Good ideas, strong opinions, a collaborative attitude and strong work ethic
If you qualify for this role, please email your CV directly to:
021 801 5001
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful.