This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned DevOps professional to MOVE INTO A STRATEGIC ROLE, REPORTING DIRECTLY TO THE CIO.
Based in Centurion, this role is paying up to R 1.4 m per annum.
This is one of SA’s top Financial Services organizations with established markets in Africa, Asia, and the UK. With an IT team exceeding 140 individuals and a company-wide total of 16 000 employees, you will be exposed to very large-scale distributed systems and plenty of career growth opportunities.
The purpose of this position is to improve on the existing DevOps practices within the organization by optimizing the architecture and processes and clearly defining what falls within TechOps and what falls within DevOps.
This will include:
- Improving and maintaining the infrastructure required for implementing DevOps practices.
- Enabling automated deployment of applications and configurations.
- Enabling automated monitoring and alerting.
- Enabling automated end-to-end testing.
- Enabling continuous release processes, practices, and pipelines.
- Enabling change management and audit requirements for release pipelines.
- Scaling systems sustainably through mechanisms such as easy to use tooling and automation
- Practice sustainable incident response and drive root cause analysis
- Degree or comparable technical qualification
- A minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience in creating and supporting a diverse set of infrastructure technologies.
- Experience designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Strong platform knowledge
- High level of competency in root cause analysis
- Monitoring and alerting tools such as Alerta, Selenium, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Elastic Stack
- Application Servers: Node.js, NGINX, Spring Boot, WebSphere
- Databases and tools: MongoDB, Mongo Ops Manager, DB2, Flyway, PostgreSQL
- Containers and orchestration tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
- Build tools such as Maven or Grunt
- Continuous integration tools: Jenkins, Gitlab CI
- Source control tools/techniques: Git, Semantic versioning
- Artifact management tools: Sonatype Nexus
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV directly to Philip at Acuity Consultants [Email Disabled] or apply directly via our website [URL Disabled]