This is an excellent opportunity to form part of the IT Manco and provide input into application design and architecture, whilst leading a team of skilled .Net developers.
Based in Bellville, this position is paying between R950k - R1.2 million per annum.
Jointly owned by the continent's biggest mobile telecommunications provider and one of Southern Africa’s leading financial services companies, this organization has engineered a revolutionary new platform that is delivering financial services to previously inaccessible markets on the continent through mobile channels. After only two and a half years, they already boast an impressive active customer base of over 3.5 million people processing 800 000 transactions a day. They are in the process of introducing new modules and functionality to launch into three new countries and given the sheer scale of the initiative, you can be sure of exciting challenges involving big data, scalability and high-volume transaction processing.
As a specialized unit within the greater organization, you will enjoy both the security of a large corporate company and the technical agility and ingenuity usually only found in start-up environments
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting directly to the CIO and forming part of the IT Management Committee, you will be leading and supporting a team of skilled .Net Developers in ensuring the end-to-end implementation, unit testing and deployment of complex software solutions, as well as assisting the Application Architects in extending the design of software solutions and integration capabilities.
A key aspect of this role will be to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, provide them with technical advice, ensure that agreed deliverables are met, and expectations are effectively managed.
Other areas of responsibility will entail:
- Applying and enforcing SOLID software development principles
- Implement complex software designs using the likes of Azure, Ocelot, Kafka, Kubernetes and PostgreSQL
- Increase source code quality, root out bad practices and security vulnerabilities
- Taking ownership of and ensure the reliability and fault tolerance of .Net components
- Provide input into risk identification processes
- Resource Management
- Career Development Planning
- Contributing to continuous innovation
- Identifying and implementing solutions to enhance effectiveness and efficiencies
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in the field of IT, Engineering or Science
- 10+ years software development experience, two of which needs to entail the management of technical resources
- Excellent C# skills
- Experience with cloud technologies (preferably Azure)
- Experience working according to Agile methodology
- Excellent understanding of Software Design Patterns
- Understanding of Multithreading, queueing technologies and REST web services
- Any experience with Kubernetes and Docker will be advantageous