FRONT END DEVELOPER: A wonderful chance to live & work in GERMANY; this role is open to both SOUTH AFRICANS (EU visa will be sponsored) and EU Nationals:
An excellent opportunity for a FRONT END DEVELOPER to join a highly versatile International SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY specialising in web, mobile and communications solutions for the GLOBAL AIRLINE INDUSTRY.
This business provides airlines with internet and mobile solutions for booking flights, check-in, notifications and crew management.
LOCATION: This FE Developer role is based in FRANKFURT (GERMANY) and is open to SOUTH AFRICANS (EU Visa will be sponsored) and EU Nationals,
Mid-level: 40000 EURO - 45000 EURO
Senior-level: 50000 EURO - 70000 EURO
Junior-level: 25000 EURO - 35000 EURO
An international leader in Software Solutions for the AIRLINE INDUSTRY. As specialists in airline systems integration, they empower airlines to apply the best of breed concept in developing their ideal platform. Their solutions include AIRLINE BOOKING ENGINES, ONLINE CHECK-IN, MOBILE CHECK-IN AND FLIGHT NOTIFICATION SYSTEMS. The company is based in FRANKFURT (GERMANY) as well as Croatia, the UK, Australia, Ireland and the USA.
You will join a team working with ReactJS and ReactNative on their new products. The team are also finding more ways to allow their Native Apps to interact with their Responsive Websites to augment and enhance online functionality. (For example, when passengers check-in for their flight using the App, they have the option to scan their Passport using their camera which automatically fills in the web form).
The team have a clear split within development between Front End (PHP server side + HTML/CSS/JS and related frameworks like React) and Middleware (Java, using several open source frameworks like Apache). You will participate in the full development lifecycle from concept to deployment, using agile methodologies and the latest technologies.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB: Because there’s no politics, you’ll learn a lot and get a good feeling of accomplishment - the products are very visible, so your friends and family are likely to use them.
CAREER PROGRESSION FOR YOU:
The company has a 20 year history of steady, consistent growth. They have customers all over the world which has led to offices being opened in 5 locations globally too. With a flexible attitude to work there’s the possibility to move around internationally. They also offer career progression both for pure development and technical management/architecture. For example, you can work towards product lead positions or can choose to focus instead on developer management.
A good understanding of, and ideally experience with:
- Software development using modern languages and frameworks
- Principles of a ‘Single Page App’ concept and how to get the best results
- Programming concepts, data structures and RESTful services
- General software development practices such as PSR-2 coding standards, commenting of code, object oriented programming
Some understanding of, and ideally experience with:
- Cross platform development ideally using a tool such as ReactNative
- UNIX (ideally Linux) as well as operating system and networking concepts
- MySQL and NoSQL
- Working in small teams with end-to-end responsibility for delivery of complete systems
- Reading, understanding, and contributing to technical specifications
- Source control systems and branching models (ideally using Mercurial, or any modern system such as Git)
- ReactJS / React Native
- Angular / Ionic stack
- Laravel / Lumen
- Creation / connection to RESTful services using JSON
- Agile software development experience
- Test-driven development and continuous integration tools
If you qualify for this role, please email your CV directly to:
021 801 5001
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful.