Head of Finance/ CFO – join a NEW Investment Platform business – Asset Management. JHB, R1.5Mil p./a
|Job Title:||Head of Finance/ CFO – join a NEW Investment Platform business – Asset Management. JHB, R1.5Mil p./a|
|Contact Name:||Cara Schickerling|
|Job Published:||October 12, 2018 15:46|
Exceptional opportunity for a Head of Finance/ CFO to be part of the establishment of a New Investment Platform Business that is currently being opened up by a renowned Asset Manager. You will be responsible for shaping the strategic direction of this business, influencing & supporting the executives and business to reach its 2020 goal of being the number 1 Investment Platform business in Africa.
It is an absolute rarity to join a business in its infancy and be part of its development into the market place.
Based in Johannesburg, this Head of Finance/ CFO role is paying around the R1.5 Mil mark.
This Asset Manager has recently established a new LISP Investment Platform Business, introducing Offshore & Onshore Investment Solutions that are set to transform the Adviser & Investment market. You will be given complete autonomy to build & develop the financial department, supported by exceptional leaders in the industry as well as the financial backing of the largest Financial Services Group in Africa.
As the Head of Finance /CFO, you will be responsible for driving through the strategic direction of the business by providing key financial insights to support all decisions and proposals. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the department that include the MIS and Financial reporting as well as developing and leading the Finance team
You will also be responsible for all forecasting & projections, formulating the budgets for year-end, analysing the financial risk framework for the business as well as planning and controlling the business budget to ensure all financial regulatory obligations are met.
Experience & Skills Required:
• Qualified CA or Actuary.
• +8 years post-article experience in a Senior Financial Management role.
• Experience sitting on both Executive & Strategic Management committees.
• Clear knowledge of running a financial department – experience in laying foundations & starting something from scratch would be a big advantage
• Understanding of change management processes & how to manage to change.
• Appreciation of holistic view of a business – appreciation for strategy, process and capability, enabling technologies and governance.
• Solid experience in solving complex, cross-departmental problems.
• Investmetn/Wealth Management industry experience will be preferred, experience working in a Financial Services Org is going to be a non-neg.
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
CFO (Head of Finance) – Drive strategic direction of new Investment business – R1.5Mil/a – JHB
Business Development Manager – join NEW Investment (LISP) Business – R500k – R650k p/a excluding INCENTIVES
Eastern Cape or Free State
R500k - R650k p/a excluding Quarterly & Annual Incentives
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) - Investment & Wealth Management Company. JHB, R1.3 – R1.5 Mil p/a
R1.3 - R1.5 Mil p/a
Proposition Analyst- create STRATEGIC Customer Propositions for NEW Retail Investment Business. JHB, R650k p/a.