This is an excellent opportunity for an intermediate PHP developer to improve their understanding of internal business systems development, gain experience with Salesforce and Moodle integration and work with PHP7 and Laravel 5.6.
Based in Claremont, this Intermediate PHP Developer role is paying up to R35k pm.
For over 15 years, this fully accredited tertiary education institute has been providing world-class niche sector education via their Cape Town and Johannesburg campuses as well as via their online learning channels. With their systems, platforms, and databases being pivotal to the efficient running of the organisation, their investment in them has been substantial and they are continuously upgrading, refining and adding to them.
Duties & Responsibilities
In conjunction with the Business Systems Manager, Analyst Developer, and Database Developer, your core focus will be on backend development of the next phase of their Student Management System which will integrate with Salesforce, Moodle and their Finance systems.
This will also include:
- API Development
- Upgrading Interfaces
- Programming system permissions
- 3rd party application integration
- Functional and user acceptance testing
- Assisting the Junior Developer on the frontend and web portal development
- You will be working with some of the latest technologies including Laravel 5.6, PHP 7 and MariaDB.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
- Formal qualification in IT/ Programming or, 5+ years of solid experience in lieu of a qualification
- A minimum of 3 years PHP (or Python) development experience
- Sound understanding of Object Orientated Programming
- Experience with system integration / API development
If you qualify for this position and would like to apply, please email a copy of your CV directly to Philip at Acuity Consultants (email@example.com)