IT MANAGER – become HEAD OF IT for this Boutique Travel & Tourism Business. Cape Town, R580 – R620k p/a
|Job Title:||IT MANAGER – become HEAD OF IT for this Boutique Travel & Tourism Business. Cape Town, R580 – R620k p/a|
|Salary:||R580k - R620k p/a|
|Contact Name:||Cara Schickerling|
|Job Published:||September 27, 2019 09:22|
Very rare opportunity for a skilled IT MANAGER to take the next step up in their career and become the HEAD OF IT for this Specialized, Boutique, highly Successful Travel & Tourism Business.
As this is a NEW role, YOU will have the chance to take COMPLETE OWNERSHIP of the department, OVERHAUL the environment and BUILD an effective and efficient IT function.
Based in Cape Town, this HEAD OF IT role is paying around R580k – R620k p/a(negotiable for the right person)
With offices across South Africa, this Travel Business provides high-end local adventures and packages for a range of domestic and international guests. Their niche business has been operating for over 15 years and has grown from strength to strength due to their unparalleled customer service and well-tailored packages.
As the Head of IT, you will be responsible for running and managing the entire IT Function for the business and its various office locations.
This role will see you keeping your technical skills up to date (you are the last point of call for issues) whilst developing your business experience by implementing all IT solutions and initiatives.
Your role will entail but will not be limited to:
• Creating and maintaining the Audit checklist for all IT devices.
• Management of VOIP telephone solutions.
• Ensure there are proper connectivity failure systems in place.
• Implement and manage the highest levels of IT security .
• Managing of all customer related IT issues.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot escalated technical issues including set-ups and configuration.
• Management of IT teams (Infrastructure and Development) including all Team training, bi-annual performance assessments, IR issues and more.
• Maintain highest level of data privacy security and ensure compliance with POPI and GDPR.
Skills & experience needed:
• Degree or Diploma in IT
• MCSE, CCNA, MCITP certification would be preferred
• 10+ years’ experience working in a Microsoft OS environment
• Datacenter experience
• Solid Virtualization experience - VMware , KVM etc
• Excellent IT Security experience – firewalling, Anti-virus, anti-malware
• Office 365 user and Group maintenance experience
• Solid Business acumen and Management skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of IT Curriculum & Learning - Southern Suburbs (R480k-R600k per annum)
R480k - R600k per annum
Systems Administrator – Manage & Create Systems for Innovative Travel Platform - Cape Town
R420k/annum CTC (Depending on experience)
Senior Project Manager – implement Strategic Business Change Projects for NEW Investment Platform Business. JHB, R850k p/a
CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ARCHITECT - Join Global Software Company at the forefront of Emergency Medical Response Solutions – CAPE TOWN, R800K – R1.2M/annum
R800,000 - R1,200,000 / annum