This is an excellent opportunity for an IT TESTER to become TEST MANAGER within a highly specialised INTERNATIONAL WEALTH MANAGEMENT Company.
Based in JOHANNESBURG this Senior Tester role offers a salary of around R600K/annum.
With offices in South Africa, the UK and Switzerland this INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT Company is an established and independent business established 20 years ago. The company has an enviable reputation as being one of the most successful Investment and Asset Management businesses – their success is underpinned by their technology and investment into their staff’s career progression. Culturally this is a non-corporate culture and operates more like a fast-paced medium sized business.
As IT TESTER you will work towards become TEST MANAGER, as part of a development team based in SA. You will primarily be responsible for the quality assurance testing (QA) and user acceptance testing (UAT) of development releases. Additionally, you will assist with support for these systems and act as an intermediate buffer between support and development typically triaging issues found by users and providing developers with the necessary information. You will also be required to assist with user documentation. The position reports directly to the CTO.
The main goals are ensuring product meets business requirements, ensuring end users have the best possible experience (usability) as well as ensuring the product works (minimal bugs / deficiencies) and meets all security, performance and compliance requirements.
This includes, but is not limited to, the below:
- Setup Project specific test decks
- Capture test cases in JIRA – all test cases are taken straight from project specific test deck
- Perform the below grey-box testing for all releases unless otherwise specified:
- Functional Testing
- Data Flow
- UI Testing, etc.
- Non-Functional Testing
- Component Integration
- System Integration
- Compliance, Best Practices, etc.
- Technical Testing
- Data Verification
- File Validation, etc.
- Log and Track bugs through JIRA
- Create Sign-Off documentation
- Provide Sign-Off once all related test cases have passed
- Any test cases failed (exceptions) can only be approved by I.T. Test Manager and Chief Technology Officer
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from business, customers, designers, and manufacturers
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- 3+ Years of experience
- Building test scripts
- SQL Management Studio
- Tracing errors and logs
- User Acceptance Testing
- Release Control
- Assist with client support calls / emails.
- Experience using task management tools like JIRA
- Debugging RESTful API’s with Telerik Fiddler
- Able to multi-task while paying attention to the details.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to interact with clients, internal development staff, business analysts etc.
Preferred Skills (in addition to the above, but not essential to be considered):
- Experience with SQL to be able to write scripts and query data sets
- Telerik Fiddler
- Project Management
- Microsoft Silverlight
If you qualify for this role, please email your CV directly to:
021 801 5001
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful.