This is an excellent opportunity for JAVA DEVELOPER to work on a LARGE-SCALE POINT OF SALES SYSTEM for one of SA’s leading retailers.
This role is based in CAPE TOWN and is paying between R40K-R45K PM
Forming part of the Store Operations Development team you will be developing a wide range of Java based systems that range from Swing Thick Client through to Light Weight Web applications and highly available JEE deployments. Along with other store facing applications the team’s largest responsibility is the point of sale software of which up to 4 releases are done a year for new functionality.
With a history that spans over 100 years, this JSE listed retailer has established itself as a trusted and leading brand within South Africa. With over 800 stores this tech savvy retailer offers an excellent working environment that emphasises self-improvement and learning.
- BSc Degree in information systems OR an Information Technology Diploma
- At least 3 years development experience using Java
- High proficiency in SQL (preferably Oracle)
- Knowledge of Spring, Linux and Web Services
- Exposure to Agile
- Competence in PL-SQL would be advantageous