This is an excellent opportunity for a Java developer to gain experience with BOTH THICK AND THIN CLIENT APPLICATIONS and tools such as VAADIN.
Based in Cape Town, this Java Developer role pays between R45k and R55k pm.
The company in question is one of SA's top retailers, whose success has resulted in them purchasing well known UK retail chains and being the only South African retail giant to have NEVER RETRENCHED any of their staff. Their financial performance has also enabled them to pay performance bonuses consistently for over 15 years and maintain an average employee term of service exceeding 8 years.
You will be working on the development of new functionality for point of sale software for which they have multiple releases a year. In addition to this you will also get involved with an Oracle Release upgrade and development of a range of Java based systems supporting store operations that range from Swing Thick Client to light weight web applications and highly available JEE deployments
- Company shares
- Merchandise discounts
- Highly flexible packages, structured according to your needs
- Flexible working hours
- Continuous training as well as financial and operational support for external studies
TECH STACK (for information purposes only, familiarity with each is not essential):
- Java EE, Java SE (Web Frameworks, EJB, JNS)
- Weblogic, Glaasfish
- SVN, Maven, Ant
- Continuous Build
- SOAP, REST
- SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL
- UML, XML
- Degree or Diploma in IS or Computer Science
- A minimum of 3 years Java development experience
- Exposure to Agile practices
- Data modelling experience
- Knowledge of Spring, Linux and Web Services
- Android application experience (advantageous)
If you meet the above requirements and would like to apply, please send your CV to Philip Boltt:
Should you not receive a response within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.