This is an excellent opportunity for a Java developer to gain experience with FAT /THICK CLIENT APPLICATIONS and tools such as VAADIN.
Based in Cape Town, this Java Developer role pays between R40k and 50k pm.
The company in question is one of SA's top retailers, whose success has resulted in them purchasing well known UK retail chains and being the only South African retail giant to have NEVER RETRENCHED any of their staff. Their financial performance has also enabled them to pay performance bonuses consistently for over 15 years and maintain an average employee term of service exceeding 8 years.
You will be developing a wide range of Java based systems supporting store operations that range from Swing Thick Client to light weight web applications and highly available JEE deployments. POS software is one of the core focusses of this team for which there are multiple releases of new functionality every year.
- Generous company shares
- Merchandise discounts
- Highly flexible packages, structured according to your needs
- Flexible working hours
- Continuous training as well as financial and operational support for external studies
- Degree or Diploma in IS or Computer Science
- A minimum of 3 years development experience using Java
- Knowledge of Spring, Linux and Web Services
- Android application experience (advantageous)
- Exposure to Agile
If you meet the above requirements and would like to apply, please send your CV to Philip Boltt:
Should you not receive a response within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.