This is a great opportunity for a skilled Java Developer to work on a range of modernisation projects and gain experience with Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker and Java 8.
Based in Bellville, this is a 12-month, renewable contract paying R400 to R450 per hour (R64 000 - R72 000 pm)
In this position you would form part of an established Java development team working in a DevOps environment on a number of modernization projects encompassing Robotic Process Automation, Chatbots, Scanbot Text Recognition, Big Data Management and complete system redevelopments.
The environment is a very collaborative one, where you will be able to leverage off the knowledge of other skilled developers and also show case your ideas during their innovation workshops. These workshops set aside several days every quarter where developers are paired with SME's and BA's to come up with innovative solutions to complex business problems and present them to business. The winning proposal is then put into production, enabling you to see your ideas become a reality.
You will also have the opportunity to work with the likes of Apache Camel, Maven, Ansible and Sybase Databases.
A specialized division of one of South Africa's top Financial Services institutions that manages the medical schemes of tens of thousands of individuals.
- Degree or National Diploma in Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years software development experience with at least 3 years of which should be using Java in a distributed computing environment
- Solid Backend development experience
- Advanced understanding and everyday use of OO principles such as inheritance, interfaces, abstract lasses, etc.
- Working knowledge of spring framework, architectural and development best practices (e.g. SOA, dependency injection, ORM, EJB3, JPA etc.)
- Strong knowledge of REST API designs
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy