This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior / Lead Python Developer to move into an Architect role and define the future technology roadmap of an award-winning InsureTech company.
Based in the Cape Winelands, this position is paying between R70k and R80k pm and offers remote working 1-2 days a week as well as flexible working hours.
Having recently beaten ABSA and FNB to win MTN's Business App of the Year award, this innovative InsureTech company has developed the country's leading mobile insurance brokerage platform that integrates directly with major insurance providers and utilizes machine learning and advanced analytics to forever change the way people go about engaging with insurance providers. The functionality and perceived impact of the platform on the industry has attracted the attention that one of the country's largest insurance organizations who subsequently bought a large stake in the company, completely removing the need for investors and future funding.
The company founders are a small group of highly ethical, highly educated and yet surprisingly down-to-earth ex Executives and Senior Level Management from some of the country's largest Financial Services, Insurance, and Banking institutions. The wealth of industry-relevant knowledge and experience that they share, is sure to guarantee the continued success of the organization.
They have a non-corporate, innovative start-up culture that offers remote working and flexible working hours, but at the same time, has well-defined roles and processes and is devoid of many of the challenges faced by most start-ups.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With the B2C component having been successfully launched on Google Play and iStore, you will be responsible for defining the technology roadmap for the B2B components and mapping the landscape for the addition of other insurance products and application functionality going forward.
- Managing a small team comprised of Backend Developers, Frontend Developers, a Machine Learning Specialist, and UX Designer.
- Commissioning the platform to handle high volumes of backend traffic
- Ensuring the systems is robust and scalable
- Resolving coding issues beyond the capability of the team
- Hands-on involvement in coding.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Python 3+
- Experience in building API’s preferably using the following frameworks: Flask, Falcon or Pyramid
- Asynchronous Python programming experience
- AWS experience - essential
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
Email your CV directly to Philip at Acuity Consultants (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call me on 021 801 5001