Excellent opportunity for a Oracle Development Manager to BECOME the HEAD OF ORACLE DEVELOPMENT for this acclaimed, multi-national FINANCIAL SERVICES Organisation. This is a really senior role & you will need to OWN the STRATEGY for the entire department, provide LEADERSHIP for a LARGE team of Developers as well as lead the successful release of multiple software solutions concurrently into the environment.
Delivery is KEY in this environment – so you NEED to be a SERVICE (ITIL) & CUSTOMER ORIENTATED individual.
Based in Johannesburg, this HEAD OF ORACLE DEVELOPMENT role is paying R1.2 Mil P/A
Key deliverables of role:
• Lead the design & development of all software solutions -multiple development & enhancements projects are managed simultaneously so you need to be strong on processes and governance.
• You will be accountable for developing & implementing the entire departments operational vision & strategy.
• Manage & provide leadership to a large team of Oracle Developers – most of the team is made up of contractors so building & maintaining a relationship with the vendors is essential. You will also be required to build up the internal team.
Skills & experience required
• B . SC /B . COM/ B . TECH degree
• Service Management experience is critical – ITIL certification would be preferred.
• Incident, Release, Change Management Experience
• Vendor Management Experience.
• 8+ years Development experience with a minimum of 4 years’ experience managing a Development team (+10 Developers).
• Expert knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL
• Strong ETL knowledge
• Good Data Modelling skills
• Excellent analytical/statistical process and documentation skills.
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful.