This is an excellent opportunity for a Platform Specialist / Engineer to MOVE INTO A MORE STRATEGIC ROLE with one of the country's biggest, most innovative financial service providers.
Based in the NORTHERN SUBURBS, this role is paying between R 1.3m - R 1.5m per annum
One of South Africa's most innovative Financial Services organisations specializing in Asset Management, Investments, Risk Management, Insurance, Employee Benefits and Healthcare.
As the Platform Specialist within the Architecture team, you will not only be responsible for ensuring the stability and availability of IT platforms, but also play a significant role in their design and improvement.
In addition to this, the role will also entail the following:
- Improving monitoring & alerting frameworks to be more proactive in solving and identifying problem areas.
- Productionizing delivered projects in conjunction with the Plan and Build Teams
- Monitor, troubleshoot and provide advanced java core dump & thread dump root cause analysis
- Improvement of processes and procedures
- Task Automation
- Mentor, support and mature the DevOps team and competency within the organisation
- Foster and ensure collaboration between local and off shore teams
- Degree or comparable qualifications within the technical space
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on experience developing and supporting a diverse set of infrastructure technologies.
- Strong infrastructure, platform and Java development knowledge
- High level of competency in root cause analysis
Solid Experience with:
- OS: Linux and Windows administration and automation
- Network Fundamentals
- Ansible, Websphere wsadmin configuration and deployment tools
- CI tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab,
- Source control tools and techniques: Subversion, Git, Semantic versioning
- Nexus, Artifactory, Sinopia or similar artefect management tools
- Monitoring and trending metrics utilizing ELK and TICK stacks
- Web Security
- DB2, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL databases
- Servers: Springboot, Nodejs, Nginx, JEE Servers (Websphere, Wildfly)
- Docker, Kubernetes, IIS
- AWS, Azure
Should you be interested in applying, please send an updated copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org