This is a really good opportunity for a Senior Back Office Engineer to LEAD the support, management and design of ALL SERVER ARCHITECTURE (VIRTUAL & PHYSICAL) across multiple locations for this GLOBAL MINING Conglomerate.
This is a MASSIVE, CROSS-BOARDER Environment & whilst the scope of the role is spread-wide, you will be the LEAD SERVER SPECIALIST and will be responsible for all SERVER ARCHITECTURAL design & implementation, Infrastructure Services, Backup environments as well as Disaster Recovery planning.
Based in Johannesburg this Senior Back Office Engineer is offering R1.1Mil p/a (Highly NEG). You will be required to travel into Africa for short periods
• You will be responsible for all SERVER ARCHITECTURE - this will include all upgrades, identifying any bottlenecks caused by previous Server configurations as well as documenting the current & expected Server infrastructure.
• You will be responsible for the following areas - Active Directory services (Azure, DC), SolarWinds Monitoring, Exchange Environment (Mimecast as well), DFS, Proxy Services as well as SCCM & SCOM.
• You will be responsible for troubleshooting all issues – both simple as well as complex.
• You will need to maintain the highest level of systems availability across all sites.
• International Travel - you will be required to travel to other sites.
Built on sound values & the notion of mining for a sustainable future, this Global Mining Conglomerate operates in multiple continents including Asia, America, Australia as well as Africa.
• IT Degree or Qualification.
• VMware certification or VCAP / VCDX would be preferred.
• ITIL or COBIT certification.
• Exceptional Virtualization experience & knowledge
• 10+ years Server management experience - Microsoft Server, Active Directory, Proxy Servers, Microsoft Exchange etc.
• 7+ years Virtualization experience working in a large-scale, corporate environment (Hyper-V, VMware etc)
• Solid knowledge of Cloud based services – Azure, Office 365, Mimecast
• Proven experience of monitoring, network diagnostic & network analytics tools
• Understanding of security features – proxy, WAF, IPSEC/SSL VPN, IDS and UTM
We get many responses so please be patient with us and if you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful. To help us respond faster, please can you make sure you read the requirements carefully & ensure your application entails all the details we need.