This is an exciting opportunity to work on the Front-end of a large-scale application used by over 3 million people across multiple countries. This revolutionary Cloud-based system has been expertly engineered to deliver financial products to previously untapped markets throughout the African Continent via mobile devices.
Based in Bellville, this Senior Front-End Developer role is paying a senior level package with comprehensive benefits.
Forming part of a specialized unit within a larger organization, you will benefit from the security that a large corporate provides while enjoying the collaborative, agile, non-bureaucratic nature of a start-up.
One of Southern Africa’s top insurance and financial services organizations with a presence in more than 10 countries and over 16 000 employees.
Working closely with the Product Owner and development team, you will be working on the systems Front-end to improve the look, feel and usability (UI/UX) of the system for each country with the overall goal of improving the customer experience (CX) to suit the unique requirements of each.
This will entail:
- Implementing complex designs using HTML, CSS, Angular, and Lua
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of designs
- Identifying areas for improvement
- Implementing content updates
- Assist in overcoming cross-browser compatibility issues
- Collaborate with back-end developers and designers to improve usability
- Ensure high-quality graphics standards and brand consistency
- Qualification or training in Multimedia Development, Design or IT
- A minimum of 5 years of Front-end development experience
- Experience with Angular using TypeScript
- Good understanding of UX, UI and CX principles
- Experience with REST web services
- Experience working according to Agile