Jointly owned by the continents biggest mobile telecommunications provider and one of Southern Africa’s leading financial services companies, this organisation has engineered a revolutionary new platform that is delivering insurance products to previously inaccessible markets through mobile telecommunication channels. With an already impressive active customer base of over 3 million which equates to 750 000 transactions a day, you are assured of some exciting challenges involving system scalability, Big Data management and high volume transaction processing.
As a specialized unit within the greater organization, you will enjoy both the security of a large corporate company and the technical agility and ingenuity usually only found in start-up environments.
- Assisting the application architect and rest of the development team in extending the design of the customer engagement and B2B capabilities of the platform.
- Implementing complex software designs using the .Net stack. (MVC, WebApi2, Full/Standard/Core .Net Frameworks, Azure Cloud)
- Ensuring an adequate level of unit test coverage across all developed source code.
- Contribute to continuous code review and quality assurance processes.
- Increase source code quality, root out bad practices and security vulnerabilities
- Applying SOLID software development principles
- Work with DBA’s and network administrators to tune operating systems, networks and transaction processing middleware to work with the DBMS (PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server)
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT or Engineering
- A minimum of 8 years development experience
- Solid C# Development skills (.Net Core advantageous)
- Good understanding of software design patterns
- Familiarity with Multithreading
- Experience building REST web services
- Experience working in an Agile environment