This is an exciting opportunity to work on an Azure Cloud based system handling BIG DATA and gain experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
Based in Bellville, this Senior .Net Developer role is paying between R65k and R80k per month and offers comprehensive benefits (Group Life, Pension and Medical Aid).
Jointly owned by the continents biggest mobile telecommunications provider and one of Southern Africa’s leading financial services companies, this organisation has engineered a revolutionary new platform that is delivering insurance products to previously inaccessible markets through mobile telecommunication channels. With an already impressive active customer base of over 3 million which equates to 750 000 transactions a day, you are assured of some exciting challenges involving system scalability, Big Data management and high volume transaction processing.
As a specialized unit within the greater organization, you will enjoy both the security of a large corporate company and the technical agility and ingenuity usually only found in start-up environments.
- Assisting the application architect and rest of the development team in extending the design of the customer engagement and B2B capabilities of the platform.
- Implementing complex software designs using the .Net stack. (MVC, WebApi2, Full/Standard/Core .Net Frameworks, Azure Cloud)
- Ensuring an adequate level of unit test coverage across all developed source code.
- Contribute to continuous code review and quality assurance processes.
- Increase source code quality, root out bad practices and security vulnerabilities
- Applying SOLID software development principles
- Work with DBA’s and network administrators to tune operating systems, networks and transaction processing middleware to work with the DBMS (PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server)
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT or Engineering
- A minimum of 8 years development experience
- Solid C# Development skills (.Net Core advantageous)
- Good understanding of software design patterns
- Familiarity with Multithreading
- Experience building REST web services
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Send your CV to Philip at Acuity Consultants - firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 021 801 5001