This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior .Net Developer to move into an Application Management role and take ownership of all custom development and the complete business application portfolio for one of the country’s top mining organizations.
Based in Northern Mpumalanga, this role is paying R72k pm and offers paid relocation, comprehensive benefits, housing subsidy, annual production bonus and daily transport to and from work.
With over 20 000 employees and operations not only in South Africa but also neighboring African countries and Malaysia, this JSE listed, diversified mining and mineral company has been certified as one of South Africa’s Best Employers and pride themselves on their corporate social investment and local economic development initiatives which exceed R150 million rand a year.
THE ROLE, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
After a long and happy career with the organization, the current individual fulfilling this role is retiring and will be spending the next few months handing over the ownership of all custom development, reporting and enterprise business applications to you.
Below is a more detailed breakdown of what you will be responsible for on a day to day basis:
- Facilitate requirements gathering, document business requirements and technical specifications, and ultimately develop solutions that meet the immediate and long-term needs of customers.
- Develop customized reports from databases to extract and collect data according to client or management needs. Building and repairing data reports and software applications. Testing of applications, analyses of statistical data.
- Develop websites and web-based software based on a defined set of business requirements using ASP.NET MVC and C# and integrating robust ERP platforms.
- Front & back end coding on a variety of custom web development projects
- Provide estimation of hours for the architecture, development, issue resolutions and quality assurance of projects
- Consult with the business end-users and outside Vendor in prioritizing System enhancements, issues, changes, and reporting requirements.
- Assist in the maintenance and support of existing MS-Access Application and Databases required
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Tertiary qualification in IT, IS, Computer Science, Engineering or an MCSD
- Experience working with Enterprise applications or ERP Systems such as JD Edwards, SAP, Syspro or Delta
- Knowledge of advanced and complex MS-Excel files and MS-Access databases.
- Familiarity with LINQ & Entity Framework
- SQL database proficiency
- Experience communicating with web services using JSON / XML