Very good opportunity for a Senior PHP Developer to gain Systems Design & Architecture experience by leading the design, architecture as well as development of propriety analytical E-Marketing solutions for a host of clients across the globe.
The core focus of the role will be on NEW DEVELOPMENT (they have juniors in the team that are responsible for all maintenance and bug fixes) and you will be required to constantly upgrade, enhance and change the functionality of existing products– there are also a lot of new product development in the pipeline and you will play an active part in the design of these solutions.
Based in Cape Town - you will be able to WORK FROM HOME this Senior PHP Developer role is paying R60k – R70k p/m depending on experience.
What’s in it for you:
• You will gain Systems Design & Architecture experience as you will be taking complete ownership of the products - new design & build, upgrades, functionality enhancements etc.
• You will become the LEAD Developer and manage a team of junior developers.
• Work in a totally Open-Source environment: PHP, Linux, Postgres, NoSQL
• Opportunity to work with the latest tech versions – PHP 7x, Ubuntu 16.04, Postgres 9.5.
• Based in Johannesburg but but want to life your best life in the Mother City – they will PAY FOR YOUR RELOCATION expenses.
• WORK FROM HOME – no more TRAFFIC.
Leading the development and build of all applications, you will need to generate all new code for both the front and back-end as well as ensuring that the applications can plug-into a variety of databases. You will also assist in designing the conceptual model that will define the structure, behaviour as well as view of the product.
Tech Environment: PHP, JQuery 2x, C/C++, Bash, PL/SQL, Ubuntu platform with Ansible used for deployment, Postgres & NoSQL databases, Drupal as a CMS
Experience & Skills required:
• Relevant Degree/ Diploma
• 6+ years Development experience - PHP is preferable
• Solid Databases experience – Postgres, MySQL,
• Excellent Linux skills – experience working on Ubuntu is preferred.
• Solution Design/ Systems Architecture experience would be a massive advance.
We get many responses so please be patient with us and if you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful. To help us respond faster, please can you make sure you read the requirements carefully & ensure your application entails all the details we need.