Having recently beaten ABSA and FNB to win MTN's Business App of the Year award, this innovative InsureTech company has developed the SA's first mobile insurance brokerage platform that is set to forever change the way people go about engaging with insurance companies and obtaining cover.
Not only does the application give users the ability to control their complete insurance portfolios via their mobile devices alone, but also integrates with major insurance companies to provide comparative quotes that are specifically tailored to the user's unique risk profile and needs. Cover is then arranged at the push of a button without ever having to speak to a consultant or fill in paperwork.
The app is available on both Google Play and the Apple App Store as of this month and the company has attracted massive investment from one of the country's biggest financial service providers.
Based in the Northern Suburbs and paying R70 000 pm, this Senior Python Developer position offers remote working 1-2 days a week, flexible hours and non-corporate culture.
Working predominantly the backend, you will be developing the new Business-to-business component, writing API's, refining intelligent chatbots, and working with the Architect on the engineering of mixed basket functionality that will enable users to cherry-pick insurance products from multiple suppliers at the same reduced cost as if they had their entire insurance portfolio with them.
They have a comprehensive tech stack comprised of the following:
- Python 3+
- AWS (SQS, Amazon API Gateway, Lambda)
- Rest API
- No-SQL database
- Frontend: Typescript, Ionic 3, Angular 6
- Infrastructure: AWS & Google Firebase.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Programming or Engineering
- Over 5 years of software development experience with at least 3 years using Python
- Experience in building API’s preferably using the following frameworks: Flask, Falcon, Pyramid or Django
- Asynchronous programming ability
- An interest in data analytics and machine learning
Email your CV directly to Philip at Acuity Consultants (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Should you wish to have a confidential discussion, you may call me on 021 801 5001