Excellent opportunity for a SENIOR SERVER/SYSTEMS ENGINEER to DEVELOP their ARCHITECTURE skills & experience by taking the LEAD in the DESIGN, IMPLEMENTATION & MANAGEMENT of ALL VIRTUAL & PHYSICAL SERVERS across MULTIPLE sites of this GLOBAL Mining Group.
Working in a very COMPLEX Environment, YOU will be responsible for all ARCHITECTURAL design & implementation, Infrastructure Services, Servers, Backup environments as well as Disaster Recovery planning.
Based in Johannesburg(Bryanston) this SENIOR SERVER/SYSTEMS ENGINEER is offering R1.1Mil p/a
• You will be responsible for the following areas - Active Directory services (Azure, DC), SolarWinds Monitoring, Exchange Environment (Mimecast as well), DFS, Proxy Services as well as SCCM & SCOM.
• You will be responsible for all SERVER ARCHITECTURE - this will include all upgrades, identifying any bottlenecks caused by previous Server configurations as well as documenting the current & expected Server infrastructure.
• You will be responsible for troubleshooting all issues – both simple as well as complex.
• You will need to maintain the highest level of systems availability across all sites.
• International Travel - you will be required to travel to other sites.
Built on sound values & the notion of mining for a sustainable future, this Global Mining Conglomerate operates in multiple continents including Asia, America, Australia as well as Africa.
• IT Degree or Qualification.
• VMware certification or VCAP / VCDX would be preferred.
• ITIL or COBIT certification.
• 10+ years Server management experience - Microsoft Server, Active Directory, Proxy Servers, Microsoft Exchange etc.
• 7+ years Virtualization experience working in a large-scale, corporate environment (Hyper-V, VMware etc)
• Solid knowledge of Cloud based services – Azure, Office 365, Mimecast
• Proven experience of monitoring, network diagnostic & network analytics tools
• Understanding of security features – proxy, WAF, IPSEC/SSL VPN, IDS and UTM
We get many responses so please be patient with us and if you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful. To help us respond faster, please can you make sure you read the requirements carefully & ensure your application entails all the details we need.