This is an excellent opportunity to work on the development of AZURE SYSTEMS handling BIG DATA and GAIN EXPERIENCE IN SOLUTION ARCHITECTURE, KUBERNETES AND DOCKER.
Based in Roodepoort, this role is paying up R900k+ per annum with comprehensive benefits
Jointly owned by the continents biggest mobile telecommunications provider and one of Southern Africa’s leading financial services companies, this organisation has engineered a revolutionary new platform that is delivering financial services to previously inaccessible markets on the continent through mobile channels.
With an already impressive active customer base of over 3 million people processing 750 000 transactions a day, and a goal is to grow this to 10 million over the next 2-3 years, you can be assured of exciting challenges involving BIG DATA MANAGEMENT, SCALABILITY AND HIGH-VOLUME TRANSACTION PROCESSING.
You will be involved with the complete end-to-end development, implementation and deployment of complex software systems and assist the Application Architect in extending the design of the Engagement and Campaign capabilities of the system.
This will include:
- Implementing complex software designs using the .Net stack. (MVC, WebApi2, Full/Standard/Core .Net Frameworks, Azure Cloud)
- Ensuring an adequate level of unit test coverage across all developed source code.
- Taking ownership, ensuring reliability and fault tolerance across components.
- Contribute to continuous code review and quality assurance processes.
- Increase source code quality, root out bad practices and security vulnerabilities
- Applying SOLID software development principles
- Actively being involved in deployment of software using Jenkins by applying the DevOps principle that if you code it, you deploy it.
- Work with DBA’s and Network Administrators to tune operating systems, networks and transaction processing middleware to work with the DBMS (PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server)
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or Engineering
- A minimum of 6 years software development experience using C# .Net
- Experience working with RESTful Web Services
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Good understanding of Software Design Patterns
- Understanding of multithreading (beneficial)
- Ability to grasp and understand complex algorithms
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes (beneficial)