This is an excellent opportunity to work on the next phases of a newly developed, large-scale Cloud System without having to contend with legacy systems and technologies.
Based in the Northern Suburbs, this role is paying up to R1.2 mil per annum.
Jointly owned by the continents biggest mobile telecommunications provider and one of Southern Africa’s leading financial services companies, this organization has engineered a revolutionary new platform that is delivering financial services to previously inaccessible markets on the continent through mobile channels. After only two years, they already boast an impressive active customer base of over 3 million people processing 750 000 transactions a day. Their goal is to grow this to 10 million over the next 2-3 years and considering the sheer scale of the initiative, you can be sure of exciting challenges involving big data, scalability and high volume transaction processing.
As a specialized unit within the greater organization, you will enjoy both the security of a large corporate company and the technical agility and ingenuity usually only found in start-up environments. Although faced paced with new releases every month, they offer flexible working hours (core hours being between 9:30 and 16:00) as well as the opportunity to work remotely from time-to-time.
- You will be work in close unison with the Application Architect in extending the design of the core platform capabilities.
- Implementing complex software designs using the Java stack (Spring, SpringBoot, Spring Batch).
- Taking ownership of, and ensuring reliability and fault tolerance across Java components.
- Contribute to continuous code review and quality assurance processes.
- Increase source code quality, root out bad practices and security vulnerabilities
- Responsible for applying SOLID software development principles
- Actively being involved in the deployment of software using Jenkins in line with DevOps principles
- Work with DBA’s and network administrators to tune operating systems, networks and transaction processing middleware to work with the DBMS (PostgreSQL, DB2, MySQL)
You will be exposed to, and have the opportunity to learn Java 8, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure and Spring Boot.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering / IT
- A minimum of 7 years of development experience with at least 3 years being in Java
- Ability to grasp and understand complex algorithms
- Good understanding of Software Design Patterns
- Experience building REST web services
- Any experience with Docker, Kubernetes and multithreading would be of distinct advantage.
If you are interested, please send your CV to Philip at Acuity Consultants (firstname.lastname@example.org)