This is an exciting opportunity to work on the COMPLETE REWRITE AND ARCHITECTING OF A MULTI-TIERED ENTERPRISE APPLICATION DEPLOYED ON AWS.
Based in Rondebosch, this Senior Software Engineer role is pays between R70k and R75k pm.
With a history spanning more than 30 years, this software company develops and manages one of the most extensively utilized wagering systems in Southern Africa. Comprised of a myriad of modules including Betting & Feed Engines, Risk Analysis & Reporting Tools, API Integration Layers, Payment Systems, Online & Retail Frontends, CRM's, Cloud Infrastructure as well as Accounting & Financial Management systems, theirs is one of the most complex and comprehensive platforms available.
In line with the organisations ambitions to further expand into overseas markets, centralize, increase efficiency and reduce the cost of ownership, they will be completely re-architecting and redeveloping their entire platform and deploying it entirely on AWS. Touching on every module and system mentioned above, you will play an instrumental role in this initiative by taking responsibility for architecture and design decisions, evaluating developer capabilities, identifying the best team composition, grooming and planning of stories, implementing solutions and providing CI/CD assistance to the DevOps team when required. Due to the highly regulated nature of their industry, ensuring the highest quality of code and compliance is also of paramount importance.
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies and concepts
- Flexible working hours
- Profit share after 3 years
- A degree in Computer Science or the Engineering field (B.Sc or B.Eng)
- A minimum of 5 years experience using either C# or Java in a Senior or Lead Developer /Engineer capacity.
- Good understanding of Design Patterns (GoF, Microservices, SOA etc.)
- Solid Git experience, including Gitflow and other strategies
- Development for AWS service integration
- AWS or Azure Cloud Certification (advantageous)
- Database integration experience (PostgreSQL and/or MS SQL Server)
- Experience working in agile teams in a development role (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience in leading frameworks, for example .Net Core and Java Servlets
If you qualify for this role, please email your CV directly to: email@example.com or call me on 021 801 5001