This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled Network or Systems Administrator to play an instrumental role in the IT security of a large financial services company and have the opportunity to move into a management role.
Based in Illovo, Sandton, this position between R50k and R60k per month plus pension and life cover.
Established over 15 years ago, this well-known insurance company provides disability, dread disease and death cover to tens of thousands of South Africans. They not only pride themselves on their annual multi-million Rand contribution to the Childhood Cancer Foundation but also on the care they show their staff through fully paid for studies, profit share and generous leave allocation (20 days + all Jewish holidays)
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of organizational Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and all relevant hardware and software.
- Create, implement and monitor network security
- Advise on the improvement of system and network functionality
- Support and maintain company hardware and software and provide reports on operations to the General Manager.
- Conduct needs analysis and feasibility studies on new systems/ technologies
- Oversee routine preventative maintenance on hardware and software systems
- Ensure availability, continuity, and security of all data and information
- Develop and implement IT policies, procedures and governance framework
- Mentor, support and guide the Desktop support teams and assisting with complex, escalated issues
- Working with ISP's and managing vendor relationships
- Ensure compliance with all software licensing agreements
- Tertiary degree in any field but preferably IT, Information Systems or Management (essential)
- CISSP Certification or equivalent certification in IT Security
- NSE 4 certification (beneficial)
- A minimum of 8 years of IT experience
- Familiarity with Cisco and Juniper networks
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support experience
Experience with the following:
- FortiGate Firewalls
- Hosted Exchange
- Active Directory
- Hosted exchange
- Windows Server 2012 (file server, IIS, FTP)
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Ubiquity AP
Should this role appeal to you, please send a copy of your CV to Philip at Acuity Consultants (philip@acuityconsultants)