This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Technical Consultant to GAIN CAPITAL MARKETS EXPERIENCE AND WORK ON AN ADVANCED COMMERCIAL BANKING SYSTEM for an Industry leading financial services and technology organization.
This contract position is based in Sandton and is paying between R650 and R700 per hour.
Operating in over 125 different countries, this organisation develops their own financial and capital market software, products and platforms that are used by all the big-name Investment Banks, Insurers and Financial Services companies across the world. Here you will be provided with extensive training where needed, and utilise your strong industry knowledge, leadership qualities and management skills.
As the Senior Consultant you will form part of a talented and empowered team where you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. You will manage all the activities related to the successful conversion or upgrade of one of the company’s proprietary products, to ensure customer satisfaction.
Some duties Include:
- Plan and coordinates all aspects of the banking system projects from initiation through to delivery
- Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client or business needs and goals, existing situation and necessary contacts
- Ensures business requirement documents for internal development align to client’s requirements
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals.
- Conduct project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance.
- Relevant Tertiary Education in Business Management/Engineering/Computer Science/ Mathematics/ related discipline
- Knowledge of program/project management methodologies with in-depth knowledge of at least one
- Experience in lending operations in the banking industry
- Expert user of Microsoft Project, Visio and Office