As Senior Network & Communication Engineer you will lead the design and engineering of the NETWORKING & TELEPHONY environment across multiple locations for a Global Mining Organization. Working in a very complex cross boarder environment, you will play a massive role, providing expert technical support in order to optimize the day to day running while troubleshooting outages off-site and on-site.
This Senior Network & Voice Engineer position is Bryanston JHB based and is paying R1.1Mil/annum CTC
This Global Mining Giant is an innovative leader who is focused on mining for the future. This company operates across Asia, America, Australia and Africa. This position will be based in the JHB office, but occasional travel into Africa will be required.
As Network & Communication Engineer you will be responsible for providing technical support & expertise in the day-to-day engineering of the IP Telephony and Network environments, ensuring that all LAN and WAN infrastructure is designed, configured, deployed and maintained according to standards and that all governance frameworks are adhered to. You will need to have proven experience and understanding of monitoring, network diagnostic and network analysis tools in order to enhance performance but also to suggest improvements to the current processes.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Degree or diploma in Information Technology
• CCIE and/or CCNP certified
• ITIL, COBIT or equivalent qualification
• 7 years of hands-on network engineering experience – Cisco
• Extensive firewall configuration and deployment experience
• Understanding of networking protocols and configurations
• Knowledge of load-balancing services
• Experience with CUCM deployments
• Proven understanding of security features
• VMware networking components (DVS, NS) is an advantage
• Experience working with Linux / Unix is an advantage
If you qualify for this role, please email your CV directly to:
email@example.com or ash [at] acuityconsultants.co.za
0 2 1 8 0 1 5 0 0 1
We appreciate every application and we do give each due consideration but if you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider it unsuccessful. To help us respond swiftly, please ensure you have read the requirements and ensure that your application contains the relevant details for the position you are applying for.