This is an excellent opportunity to work through the full SDLC on the development of AZURE SYSTEMS handling BIG DATA and gain experience with IBM's Insurance Application Architecture (IAA).
You will be developing cloud systems and services in support of a strategic joint-venture partnership with a major mobile telecommunications provider, that will enable delivery of insurance products to their subscriber base of over 250 million people throughout Africa.
Considering the sheer scale of the initiative, you are assured of exciting challenges involving BIG DATA MANAGEMENT, SCALABILITY AND HIGH-VOLUME TRANSACTION PROCESSING.
As a specialized unit within the greater organization, you will enjoy both the security of a large corporate company and the technical agility and ingenuity usually only found in start-up environments.
Although faced paced with new releases every month, they offer flexible working hours (core hours being between 9:30 and 16:00) as well as the opportunity to work remotely from time-to-time.
One of Southern Africa’s top insurance and financial services organizations that has grown to over 16 000 employees and is at the forefront of industry innovation.
- Working with Architects, BA’s, Developers and Testers through the full SDLC
- Providing input into architectural designs
- Participating in Scrum sessions and determining work packages for each sprint
- Software design, development, and implementation
- Microsystem development using both .Net and Java
- Mentoring junior developers
- Java 1.6 (moving to 1.8)
- Spring – moving to Spring Boot
- B.Eng Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering / Mechatronics or BSc Degree in Computer Science
- Ability to grasp and understand complex algorithms
- A minimum of 7 years’ software development experience
- Willingness to work with a number of different software languages from Java to .Net and Python.