This is an excellent opportunity for a PHP/Python Developer to join a leading Data Science company that have created an AI platform that improves the way in which companies can predict consumer behaviour.
As the software engineer you will be exposed to API Architecture, low latency applications and REST experience.
This role is based in Sandton and is paying between R700 000 – R800 000 PA.
Having made great strides in the field of AI, this South African based company has created a revolutionary AI Platform that can deliver industry leading automated consumer behaviour predictions for companies by using their raw unstructured data. By using deep learning algorithms this platform has provided clients with better business insights, improved customer satisfaction and overall efficiency by matching people with products, matching inventory with business opportunities and spending with propensity.
With a $2 Million venture backing, this AI platform has superseded expectations and is in the process of expanding its team to meet the high demand for their platform and produce even better results which usually only takes 2 weeks.
Forming part of a team of extraordinary engineers, you will be expected to further the development of the company’s REST API, which forms the backbone of the service they provide. The API controls data integration from clients, the training of their AI model and the return of the results to their own systems and the Dashboard. The most exciting and challenging aspects of this job are the scale and speed at which the API needs to operate. They pride themselves on a fraction of millisecond responses no matter the complexity of the API feature.
- You will maintain and write new API features.
- Develop and maintain API integration with Database layer.
- Advise on needed changes and optimisations on the Database architecture.
- Optimise routines and functions for maximum efficiency.
- Advise on infrastructure and architecture changes as far as it influences API response efficiency.
- Must have solid experience with PHP OR Python, and MySQL development experience.
- Solid experience in API development and architecture is required. REST experience would be preferred.
- Must be able to code low latency applications. Any API response must return in a fraction of a second, no matter how large or complicated the function is. 300ms is the target, anything above 1 second is considered broken.