This is an exciting opportunity for a Solution Architect, CTO or CIO to become the Strategic Cloud Platform Owner for one of Southern Africa's leading financial services organizations and head up a 3-5 year, strategic Cloud Readiness and Rollout initiative.
Based in Gauteng, this position is paying upward of R1.4 million per annum and offers a comprehensive benefits package.
This is one of SA’s top Financial Services organizations with established markets in Africa, Asia, and the UK and an IT team exceeding 150 individuals and a company-wide total of 16 000 employees.
You will be providing strategic thought leadership and execution in developing a team of Solutions Architects in order to deliver the right guidance and technical content to support the organization in its move into Cloud Systems.
This would entail:
- Extensive C-Level engagement and technical stakeholder management across business, architecture and the executive level.
- Act as a representative on the group technical forum
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of application developers, operations engineers, and architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions whilst ensuring technological alignment.
- Create and implement reusable automation for cloud platforms
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to support and improve architecture, systems, processes, standards and tools.
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud.
- Research and review IT trends and best practice and provide this information to guide strategic decision making
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders and representation at relevant forums
- Document and propose viable new solutions architecture frameworks
- Relevant IT related degree
- Technical experience in the design & implementation of distributed systems and deploying of large complex applications in the Cloud phases across middle tier platforms (IBM, Oracle & Opensource tech stack.)
- A solid understanding of DevOps tools and Continuous Deployment
- Experience coaching, mentoring and developing technical professionals
- Broad knowledge of cloud automation tools
- Understanding of immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code concepts
Any Cloud Certifications (SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect)
Should this interest you, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or contact me for more information.