This is an excellent opportunity for a UI/UX Designer to work on the application that beat Absa and FNB to win SA's Business Application of the Year Award and ensure that the look and feel of it will continue to exceed that of other major players in the future.
Paying between R40k and R45 per month, the position also offers flexible working hours and a warm, inviting, non-corporate culture.
Pioneering the InsureTech space in South Africa, this organization is capitalizing on data science and machine learning technology to create the country’s first consumer-centric, intelligent mobile insurance brokerage platform. The platform integrates with multiple major insurance companies to provide the consumer with a range of offerings customized to their unique needs and individual risk profile. One of their major investors also happens to be one of the largest and most trusted insurance providers in the country.
As the UI-UX designer, you will be working closely with the Product Manager and Software Engineers to improve the user experience of the product and translate high-level requirements and challenging engineering concepts into intuitive and functional user interfaces.
This will entail:
- Working with the development team to define and implement designs;
- Developing, refining and translating user requirements into sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes and interaction flows;
- Perform user research and usability testing to refine user needs or requirements;
- Creating and updating the style guide and design documentation.
- 3+ years of experience doing UI and UX design
- Strong Visual Design skills
- Experience working with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and InVision or similar products
- Some knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills